The Little Princess Trust
The Princess Trust provides real hair wigs to boys and girls across the UK and Ireland that have sadly lost their own hair through cancer treatment. Wow Amber - you’re a star. We think it’s so wonderful you’ve done this and encourage all of you to get involved. I cut Amber’s hair into a lovely bob style.
Do you want to give it a try?
First of all are you suitable? Here are some tips we’ve found on their website.
- Clean, dry hair in good condition from any gender, and of any natural colour
- Straight, wavy, curly, permed or chemically straightened
- Containing the occasional grey (less than 10%)
- Dyed, bleached/highlighted (any dyes must be of a natural colour)
- Plaits/pony-tails, cut a long time ago, preserved in good condition
You won’t be suitable if your hair is;
- Hair that is less than 7”/17cm in length
- Dyed an unnatural colour (blue, green, purple)
- Largely/mostly grey hair
- Afro (the wig-maker is not a specialist manufacturer of Afro wigs. The Trust buys in these wigs separately)
- Hair extensions
So if you’re having your hair cut with the intention of donating it, try grow the length so that it exceeds 12”/30cm.
If you want to learn more see their website for more details http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate-hair/
Are you interested in organising an event to raise money for the charity, we would be happy to support you.
Please email your ideas to email@example.com